Our Loft Conversion Services
We offer two types of service when converting your loft,
- Complete Loft - we offer a service from initial free consultation, through to "ready to paint". In the first instance we will discuss what you are aiming to achieve and we will give you our best advice. If we think that a loft conversion simply isn't a good idea on your property - we'll tell you.
- Part loft - some of our customers are competent enough DIY-ers to finish the job and can save typically 25%. In this instance it would be normal for us to do all of your structural work: floor, windows, stairs, support roof etc. leaving a carcass for you to insulate, board, plaster and second fix.
Types of Loft conversions
Fundamentally there are two ways to convert a loft,
- Velux Conversion - The roof stays the same shape and accommodation is created within the existing space. Here we use Velux roof windows, set into the existing roof line, to give natural light and ventilation.
- Dormer Conversion - The roof may be extended by building dormers on the roof thereby creating more space inside. Dormers may be of different designs, e.g. flat or pitched roofed and vary in dimensions.
The Process of Converting your loft
- Contact us & arrange a consultation, when we will give you advice on options, approximate costs etc.
- We supply you with a written estimate for any proposed work.
- When you want to proceed, call us again to arrange a detailed survey on your property from which architectural plans can be produced.
- Plans are then returned for your approval and submitted to the local authority.
- Cost, payment schedule and work timetable is agreed.
- Work commences on your loft conversion. We arrange the relevant inspections as work progresses.
- Sign off, once all the inspections have been approved by the authorities the project is signed off and you can start to take full advantage of your new amazing space.
We offer a FREE consultation which carries NO OBLIGATION. We do not employ sales people, but instead offer you genuine advice drawing on over 20 years experience specialising in loft design and build. An initial meeting can answer many of your questions such as:
- The general feasibility of a loft conversion
- Basic design ideas from staircase options to approximate sizing of potential room spaces
- An estimate (subject to survey)
- Time scale involved in taking your project from start to satisfactory completion.